Friday, February 19, 2010

Herrera

Loved the Carolina Herrera show, such inspired dressing.  It reminded me of a kind of Bonnie Cashin meets Katharine Hepburn,  meets Georgia O'Keefe!  I absolutely loved all the layered looks, not only beautiful but also practical for cold weather living.  I thought the colors were vibrant and beautiful, and so very luxe!  I liked the shot of baby blue and thought it was an unexpected but successful choice!  The prints reminded me of watercolors and had a Chinese-ish feeling that I thought was really gorgeous, and the best part was the vibrancy of the colors.  I was really attracted to all the details, ie beading, fur, and flower embroideries which added ornamentation.  Said embroideries reminded me of lace but were way more modern.  If this is how I'm going to be dressing come fall, well I can't wait! <3 Brijitte 

2 comments:

  1. Love your illustrations they are so well done etc.. this blog is great cant wait for more posts..

    check out mine here
    www.mrinsomniac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lovely one!
    your illos are just darling!
    keep up the good work!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete